Friday, July 17, 2009

Dark Chocolate

Although my consistency with posting has been questionable, my consistency with consuming dark chocolate has not.

I've always been someone that worships sweets. In fact, when I was younger I would eat as little as possible so I would have room for dessert. I was so addicted to sweets that in junior high and high school, my breakfast usually consisted of Smore Poptarts or a bowl of Reese's Puffs cereal. These facts alone can be attributed to the bulk of my weight gain in my early teen years. So you can imagine how difficult it was for me to accept the fact that I could no longer eat such sugary meals. That was before I discovered dark chocolate.

According to an article on http://www.naturalnews.com/, dark chocolate contains flavonoids that may lower the risk of heart disease. This article also points out that even though dark chocolate is better than milk chocolate, it is still high in calories and must be consumed in moderation. I recommend Hershey Dark Chocolate Kisses that are about 20 calories per piece. I like to have no more than three about 4 times a week. They're so rich in flavor that I usually can't eat anymore than that anyway.

So opt for dark chocolate whenever you have a sweet craving and know you're not only assisting that sweet tooth, but your heart too!

No comments:

Post a Comment