Saturday, July 4, 2009

Blogging Inspiration

Let me first start off by saying that the "blogosphere" is a very new place to me. Although I've been using the internet for a long time, it has never been of much interest to me. I've always viewed bloggers as pretentious people who feel their own opinions mean more than the opinions of others. I always turned my nose up to blogging when I would go to journalism conferences and the speakers would push the idea that it is a legitimate form of journalism. To me it just seemed like an outlet for weirdos to spew their ridiculous ideas about legalizing marijuana and how the South will rise again. I knew that nobody would be able to change my mind.

Then one day I met with a friend for lunch and she mentioned to me that she had been perusing different blogs that she had found online. Viewing her as a very intelligent girl, I couldn't help but wonder if she may be on to something. Yes, the idea of blogging had been rammed down my throat since I entered undgrad, and yes I generally always mocked anyone who requested I take the idea seriously, but then I thought about all of the hours I'd spent over the past year telling girls and women I knew how I had lost weight and started living a healthier lifestyle. I'd always wanted to let people know how great it feels to throw out junk food and add more veggies to their diet, but I always relied on word of mouth. I never thought about an easier approach to my "preachings." Blogging.

Now that I've decided to bite the bullet and start a blog of my own, I feel I must clarify what the intentions of this blog will be.

First, this blog is about the lifestyle choices I have made over the past year that have helped me achieve a slimmer and healthier figure. I am not writing to brag about my weight loss, but rather to help girls and women alike realize that anyone can be the size they have always dreamed of. Second, this blog will contain recipes, affirmations, workout routines and tips that I've discovered. I've caught myself numerous times telling someone what a normal diet for me is, only to find myself seeming slightly psychotic. Lastly, this blog, as much as I hate to do it, will act as my technological food journal, so I will be forced to share by good and bad diet decisions with anyone willing to read it. This will hopefully show anyone who is interested how easy it is to track what you put into your body. It will also show that I have good days and I have bad days when it comes to healthy choices.

I hope this blog will be of assistance to anyone hoping to live a more active and healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment